Re: gnomecanvas rotate text and print?

>From: "Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.-" <msterret@xxxxxxxx>
>To: David L <idht4n@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: gnomecanvas rotate text and print?
>Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 18:03:24 -0400 (EDT)
>
>Isn't that what pango's for?

Could be... there's a nice example of using Pango with Cairo
that shows text at arbitrary angles at:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/pango/pango-Cairo-Rendering.html

But I don't really see how it relates to gnomecanvas text items.
Half a day of google and gnome documentation searches hasn't
really been too fruitful.  I found basically the same question that
I'm asking from 4 years ago, but there was only one answer saying
something about GnomeCanvasHacktext, but I don't find any
documentation on that.

Basically, I'm looking for the line or lines of code that will follow this
command to rotate the canvas text:

textp =
gnome_canvas_item_new(gnome_canvas_root(GNOME_CANVAS(parent->gc.gobj())),
                                  gnome_canvas_text_get_type(),
                                   "fill_color", "black",
                                  "x", txtx,
                                  "y", txty,
                                  "text", length,
                                  "anchor",GTK_ANCHOR_W,
                                  "font",
"-*-verdana-medium-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1",
                                  NULL);
// how do I write a function that will rotate textp?

Or do I need to add text that I want at an arbitrary angle using a
different mechanism? (eg pango_add_rotated_text_to_gnomecanvas("foo", 30.0))
If so, can somebody point me to a simple example that uses pango or whatever
to add rotatable text to a gnomecanvas??

Thanks!

                          David