metacity mouse bindings

Is there any way to customize mouse bindings in metacity?
I've looked in vain...  Assuming this isn't possible currently,
is metacity ever going to support customizing mouse bindings
(like all other decent window managers)?  Without this capability,
I certainly find it unusable thanks to its insistence on raising
windows on any mouse click and its inability to lower a window
by right-clicking in the title bar.

Laurence Yaffe