Adding storage capacity to a production disperse volume

Hi,

This is the first time I have tried to expand the storage of a live gluster volume. I was able to get another supermicro storage unit for a gluster cluster that I built. The current clustered storage configuration contains five supermicro units. And the cluster volume is setup with the following configuration:

node-6[/var/log/glusterfs]# gluster volume info

Volume Name: researchdata

Type: Disperse

Volume ID: 93d4-482a-8933-2d81298d5b3b

Snapshot Count: 0

Number of Bricks: 1 x (4 + 1) = 5

Transport-type: tcp

Bricks:

Brick1: node-1:/mnt/data/researchdata-1

Brick2: node-2:/mnt/data/researchdata-2

Brick3: node-3:/mnt/data/researchdata-3

Brick4: node-4:/mnt/data/researchdata-4

Brick5: node-5:/mnt/data/researchdata-5

Options Reconfigured:

features.quota-deem-statfs: on

features.inode-quota: on

features.quota: on

storage.fips-mode-rchecksum: on

transport.address-family: inet

nfs.disable: on

locks.mandatory-locking: optimal

Adding the node to the cluster was no problem. But adding a brick using 'add-brick' to the volume resulted in "volume add-brick: failed: Incorrect number of bricks supplied 1 with count 5". So my question is. What would be the correct amount of bricks needed to expand the storage on the current configuration of 'Number of Bricks: 1 x (4 + 1) = 5'? Without reconfiguring the volume all together.

Thanks in advance for any pointers in how to expand this volume's storage capabilities.

  Thanks, Tbuck
________

Community Meeting Calendar:

Schedule -