Wouldn't it be more reasonable to mount the fuse and then use bind mount to provide access to the container ?

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

On Fri, Feb 16, 2024 at 15:02, Anant Saraswat
<anant.saraswat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Okay, I understand. Yes, it would be beneficial to include an option for skipping the client processes. This way, we could utilize the 'stop-all-gluster-processes.sh' script with that option to stop the gluster server process while retaining the fuse mounts.

From: Aravinda <aravinda@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 16 February 2024 12:36 PM
To: Anant Saraswat <anant.saraswat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ronny.adsetts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <ronny.adsetts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; gluster-users@xxxxxxxxxxx <gluster-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Graceful shutdown doesn't stop all Gluster processes

EXTERNAL: Do not click links or open attachments if you do not recognize the sender.

No. If the script is used to update the GlusterFS packages in the node, then we need to stop the client processes as well (Fuse client is `glusterfs` process. `ps ax | grep glusterfs`).

The default behaviour can't be changed, but the script can be enhanced by adding a new option `--skip-clients` so that it can skip stopping the client processes.

--
Aravinda
Kadalu Technologies

---- On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 16:15:22 +0530 Anant Saraswat <anant.saraswat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote ---

Hello Everyone,

We are mounting this external Gluster volume (dc.local:/docker_config) for docker configuration on one of the Gluster servers. When I ran the stop-all-gluster-processes.sh script, I wanted to stop all gluster server-related processes on the server, but not to unmount the external gluster volume mounted on the server. However, running stop-all-gluster-processes.sh unmounted the dc.local:/docker_config volume from the server.

/dev/mapper/tier1data                   6.1T  4.7T  1.4T  78% /opt/tier1data/brick
dc.local:/docker_config  100G   81G   19G  82% /opt/docker_config

Do you think stop-all-gluster-processes.sh should unmount the fuse mount?

Thanks,
Anant