Re: Questions about snapshots

Hi Stefan,

I'm not sure which doc are you referring to? It would help if you can share it.

I would start looking at the barrier translator in xlators/features/barrier. Initially it is designed to block all the ops that modify the underlying file system from acknowledging the client. The list of file system operations that needs to be blocked should be listed here.

WARNING: My knowledge is like a decade old. This information is to the best of my memory. A very brief quick look at the git log of xlators/barrier tells me no major changes.

So, in any case I would just read the code for barrier translator unless the current maintainer can answer this.

Varun