Filled up file system and glusterd not working anymore. To probe or not to probe?

Dear all,

we have a replica 3 configuration an issue after that the file system filled up. The gluster daemon is not starting anymore on the affected node and the inconsistency that we noticed is that the /var/lib/glusterd/peers does contain only one "good" node and the other one is missing.

Now what we would like to try is to probe from the affected peer the missing one. We also thought about just copying the missing node config file /var/lib/glusterd/peers here but we think this might be more inconsistent because perhaps of the time passed between finding out the issue and when the fill up had occurred (if this has relevance). We assume probing will fill that missing entry in the affected gluster and will sync to it. What we want to avoid is that this happens the other way around.

So in brief the question is if in our situation probing is too risky and we should try other methods (removing-adding brick) or anything that you might want to suggest from your experience.

Many thanks in advance

Ilias

--
forumZFD
Entschieden für Frieden | Committed to Peace

Ilias Chasapakis
Referent IT | IT Consultant

Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst e.V. | Forum Civil Peace Service
Am Kölner Brett 8 | 50825 Köln | Germany

Tel 0221 91273243 | Fax 0221 91273299 | http://www.forumZFD.de

Vorstand nach § 26 BGB, einzelvertretungsberechtigt|Executive Board:
Alexander Mauz, Sonja Wiekenberg-Mlalandle, Jens von Bargen
VR 17651 Amtsgericht Köln

Spenden|Donations: IBAN DE90 4306 0967 4103 7264 00   BIC GENODEM1GLS

________

Community Meeting Calendar:

Schedule -
Bridge: https://meet.google.com/cpu-eiue-hvk