Gluster project maintenance - State of Gluster project

Hello Gluster users/developers,

Previously, we from Kadalu Technologies proposed to support the Gluster project for three years. Based on the feedback from many maintainers and users, we will not be taking up three years of maintenance. We will maintain it for one year mainly focusing on the following tasks and see if it benefits the community in any way. The definite list of tasks will help us to stay focused.

1. Documentation website and content improvement.

2. Release management - Continue the existing release cycle and manage the releases. Support the packages for CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora and Debian.

3. Website management - Migration to Github pages with a simple theme. Review blog posts from the community to publish in gluster.org. Maintain Gluster.org domain renewal and other activities.

4. Monthly community meetings - Promote community participation, publish the minutes to gluster.org. Notify developers/maintainers, if any urgent issues reported by users in these meetings.

5. Incoming Issues Triage - Response to the issues in 2 working days. Forward the issue to the respective developer/maintainer if available. Discuss the issues in the meeting if not addressed for two weeks.

6. Backport the PRs to minor releases that are merged in the devel branch and required in the released versions.

7. Maintain other tools repo: gdash, gstatus and others (Actively maintained repos)

Infrastructure (CI jobs, mailing lists) is maintained by Red Hat. Hopefully RH will continue to do this at least for a year.

Hoping to achieve the funding target before this year, so that we can start the maintenance activities from 2024.

Contributions from individuals and companies are welcome. We will create a Sponsors page at gluster.org and add the logo, name and link of the Companies and name, link and a photo of the individual (With permission).

Please reply to this email or write to us at gluster@xxxxxxxxxxx if you are interested in sponsoring the Gluster project maintenance. We will get back with the next steps. Thanks.

Thanks and Regards

Aravinda VK

On behalf of the Kadalu Team