Re: hardware issues and new server advice

Generally,
the recommended approach is to have  4TB disks and no more than 10-12 per HW RAID.
Of course , it's not always possible but a resync of a failed 14 TB drive will take eons.

I'm not sure if the Ryzens can support ECC memory, but if they do - go for it.

In both scenarios, always align the upper layers (LVM , FS) with the stripe width and stripe size.

What kind of workload do you have ?

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

On Sat, Mar 18, 2023 at 14:36, Martin Bähr