Re: [Community Announcement] Announcing Kadalu Storage 1.0 Beta

On Tue, Aug 9, 2022 at 9:44 AM Dmitry Melekhov <dm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
08.08.2022 20:09, Aravinda Vishwanathapura пишет:

> A few other additional links to understand the
> similarities/differences between Kadalu Storage and Gluster.
>
> - Gluster vs Kadalu Storage: https://kadalu.tech/gluster-vs-kadalu/

It is not clear from this page why I should use kadalu instead of gluster.

Thanks for the feedback. We will work on writing more about it in upcoming blog posts.

Really "Only one node acts as Manager node and all other nodes are
client nodes." sounds pretty bad.

Storage manager only stores the Cluster configurations. No impact on ongoing I/O even if the manager node goes down. Kadalu Storage provides a couple of ways to address this

- If Cluster state is not changed frequently (Create Volume, start/stop volumes etc), then Backup of Cluster config data(A few KiBs) in regular interval or event based backup is sufficient. For example, select n Storage nodes from the cluster to keep Config backup or upload to S3.
- If Cluster state is changing so frequently, then high availability for the data and also Storage manager can be increased by using Kadalu Volume in headless mode (Not yet available, but planned)

________

Community Meeting Calendar:

Schedule -
Bridge: https://meet.google.com/cpu-eiue-hvk