If not, plan to update to a version that is available to both old and new servers' OS.
Once you migrate (check all release notes in advance) to a common version, you can do something like this:
- Install the gluster software on the new host
- Setup the firewall to match the old server
- Stop the gluster volumes and any geo-rep sessions
- Shutdown glusterd service
- Umount the bricks
- Disable LVM LVs/VGs that host your bricks (if you share the same VG with other software, you will have to use vgsplit)
- Remove the multipath devices (multipath -f)
- Remove the block devices that are part of those multipath devices
- Backup /etc/glusterfs
- Backup /var/lib/glusterd
- Unmap the LUNs
- Present the LUNs on the new host
- Verify that the multipath devices are there
- Rescan the LVM stack (pvscan --cache, vgscan lvscan)
- Activate the VGs/LVs
- Mount the bricks and ensure mounting on boot (autofs, systemd's '.mount/.automount' units, fstab)
- restore /etc/glusterfs & /var/lib/glusterd
- Start the glusterd service
- Start the volumes
- Mount via FUSE to verify the situation
- Start the geo-replications (if any)
Note, if you use VDO - disable the volume on the old system and backup the config (/etc/vdoconf.yml) -> restore on the new host.
Check your tuned profile and if needed transfer the configuration file on the new system and activate it.
I might have missed something (like custom entries in /etc/hosts) , so do a short test on test system in advance.
Edit: You didn't mention your FS type, so I assume XFS .
On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 13:15, Diego Zuccato<diego.zuccato@xxxxxxxx> wrote:Hello all.I have a Gluster volume that I'd need to move to a different server.The volume is 4x10TB bricks accessed via FC (different LUNs) on an oldCX3-80.I have no extra space to create a copy of all the data, so I'd need tohide the LUNs from the old server and make 'em visible to the new ("movethe disks"), w/o copying data.Can I just do something like this?- stop volume- umount bricks- copy volume state files to new server (which ones?)- map LUNs to new server- mount bricks on new server (maintaining the same path they had on oldserver)- start glusterd on new server- start volumeTks!--Diego ZuccatoDIFA - Dip. di Fisica e AstronomiaServizi InformaticiAlma Mater Studiorum - Università di BolognaV.le Berti-Pichat 6/2 - 40127 Bologna - Italytel.: +39 051 20 95786________Community Meeting Calendar:Schedule -Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 14:30 IST / 09:00 UTCGluster-users mailing list
________ Community Meeting Calendar: Schedule - Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 14:30 IST / 09:00 UTC Bridge: https://meet.google.com/cpu-eiue-hvk Gluster-users mailing list Gluster-users@xxxxxxxxxxx https://lists.gluster.org/mailman/listinfo/gluster-users