Re: Gluster 10 - RC Build for Testing

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 12:04:49PM +0530, Saju Mohammed Noohu wrote:
> Hello Glusterians,
>
> Ready to test drive the latest Gluster 10 release ?.
> RC0 build is ready and available here
> <https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/qa-releases/10.0rc0/>.
>
> The highlight of this release is a major performance improvement of ~20%
> w.r.t
> small file as well as large file testing in our controlled lab
> environments, also other numerous bug fixes.
> The details of above improvement is available here
> <https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/2771>.
>
> Request you all to actively participate and give feedback/comments.
>
> Packages are signed. The public key is at
> https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/6/rsa.pub

CentOS users can also get the Release Candidate packages from the CentOS
Storage SIG repositories. The centos-release-gluster10 package is not
available in CentOS Extras yet, so it is required to download and
install the package to enable the repository, pick the version that
matches your CentOS version:

 - https://cbs.centos.org/kojifiles/work/tasks/5018/2585018/centos-release-gluster10-0.1-1.el8.noarch.rpm
 - https://cbs.centos.org/kojifiles/work/tasks/4948/2584948/centos-release-gluster10-0.1-1.el8s.noarch.rpm
 - https://cbs.centos.org/kojifiles/work/tasks/5015/2585015/centos-release-gluster10-0.1-1.el9s.noarch.rpm

The testing repositories should also contain gluster-block and
glusterfs-coreutils, together with required dependencies. In case
somethign is missing or not working as expected, please let us know!

Thanks,
Niels

________

Community Meeting Calendar: