Re: performance

Hi Strahil,

You can use 'virt-what' binary to find if and what type of Virtualization is used.

cool, did not know about that.  trouble server:

root@moogle:/# virt-what
hyperv
kvm

good server:
root@mooglian:/# virt-what
kvm

I have a suspicion you are ontop of Openstack (which uses CEPH), so I guess you can try to get more  info.
For example, an Openstack instance can have '0x1af4' in '/sys/block/vdX/device/vendor' (replace X with actual device letter).
Another check could be:
/usr/lib/udev/scsi_id -g -u -d /dev/vda

This command returns no output on the bad server.  Good server returns:

root@mooglian:/# /usr/lib/udev/scsi_id -g -u -d /dev/vda
-bash: /usr/lib/udev/scsi_id: No such file or directory

And also, you can try to take a look with smartctl from smartmontools package:
smartctl -a /dev/vdX

Both servers return:
/dev/vda: Unable to detect device type

When I asked them about this earlier this week I was told the two servers are identical, but I guess there is something different about the server giving me trouble. I will go back to them and see what they have to say. Thanks for pointing me at this...

________

Community Meeting Calendar:

Schedule -
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968