Re: To good to be truth speed improvements?

I actually have 4 bricks with no arbiters. Fixed quorum count of 1 assures the files will be accessible even if all but 1 brick go down. Performance is good enough, though it can always be better, of course.

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019, 5:37 AM Andreas Davour <ante@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2019, Diego Remolina wrote:

> The OP (me) has a two node setup. I am not sure how many nodes in Artem's
> configuration (he is running 4.0.2).
>
> It can make sense that the more bricks you have, the higher the performance
> hit in certain conditions, given that supposedly one of the issues of
> gluster with many small files is that gluster has to stat the files in all
> the bricks (I would assume where they reside), so this is what creates the
> high latencies which lead to bad performance with many small files.
>
> I am no expert on the internals of how it works, so I am not 100% sure
> though.

Ah! Look at that. I mixed up you and Artem. Sorry about that!

/andreas

--
"economics is a pseudoscience; the astrology of our time"
Kim Stanley Robinson