Re: It necessary make backup the .glusterfs directory ?

On 01/26/2018 06:17 PM, César E. Portela wrote:
El 25-01-2018 22:27, Ravishankar N escribió:
On 01/25/2018 02:14 AM, César E. Portela wrote:
Hi All,

I have two glusterfs servers and doing the backup of these is very slow, when it does not fail.
I have thousand and thousand and thousand files...

Apparently the directory .glusterfs has some responsibility for the backup failure.

Is necessary to make a backup of the .glusterfs directory?

Not sure what kind of backup you're doing but .glusterfs contents are
essential for things to work properly. Have you tried using
replication/geo-replication/volume snapshot features that gluster
provides?

Hi Ravishankar

I make external full/incremental backup the applicattion's data. Only one server, not all. I not using special features the gluster. I think if I need restore files, .glusterfs it is rebuilt when I copy the files in the filesystem. Is this correct?
So you are copying off data from the mount point to your backup location and 'restore' it by again copying from the backup on to the volume via the mount point, then you need not worry about .glusterfs directory. I thought you were copying files directly from the backend bricks.

-Ravi