Re: It necessary make backup the .glusterfs directory ?

In my experience .glusterfs is easily recoverable by going to the
brick path (if you have files there) and running stat for each object
but through mount point, something like:
cd BRICKPATH
sudo find . -path ./.glusterfs -prune -o -exec stat 'MUNTPATH/{}' \;

for example, if you need to recreate or create another volume - delete
.glusterfs and reset brick folder attr, and proceed with below trick
export brick_path=/main/brick4/geo0
sudo setfattr -x trusted.glusterfs.volume-id $brick_path
sudo setfattr -x trusted.gfid $brick_path
sudo rm -rf $brick_path/.glusterfs

files go nowhere - and they are everywhere you replicate them with Gluster