Re: [Gluster-devel] 2018 - Plans and Expectations on Gluster Community

On 01/02/2018 11:03 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
... The people who were writing storhaug never finished it. Keep using
    3.10 until storhaug gets finished.

Since 3.10 will be EOL in approximately 2 months from now, what would be our answer for NFS HA if storahug is not finished by then?

  -   Use ctdb
  -   Restore nfs.ganesha CLI support
  -   Something else?

Have we already documented upgrade instructions for those users utilizing nfs.ganesha CLI in 3.8? If not already done so, it would be useful to have them listed somewhere.

I have a pretty high degree of confidence that I can have storhaug usable by or before 4.0. The bits I have on my devel box are almost ready to post on github.

I'd like to abandon the github repo at https://github.com/linux-ha-storage/storhaug; and create a new repo under https://github.com/gluster/storhaug. I dare say there are other Linux storage solutions besides gluster+ganesha+samba that storhaug doesn't handle.

And upgrade instructions for what? Upgrading/switching from legacy glusterd to storhaug? No, not yet. Doesn't make sense since there's no (usable) storhaug yet.

--

Kaleb