Re: [Gluster-devel] 2018 - Plans and Expectations on Gluster Community

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 4:09 AM, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY <kkeithle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 2:36 PM, Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz@xxxxxxxx <mailto:hetz@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi Amar,

    If can say something about the development of GlusterFS - is that
    there are 2 missing things:

    1. Breakage between releases. I'm "stuck" using GlusterFS 3.8
    because someone [removed] support to enable NFS-Ganesha. from the gluster
    command has been vanished without anything mentioned in the error
    message what other commands replaces it.

Not true. The nfs-ganesha support is still there in GlusterFS-3.10.

Judging from other people's
    answers - the answer is storhaug does it from now, but there are
    practically *0 Documentation* how to use it.

The people who were writing storhaug never finished it. Keep using 3.10 until storhaug gets finished.

Since 3.10 will be EOL in approximately 2 months from now, what would be our answer for NFS HA if storahug is not finished by then?

 -   Use ctdb
 -   Restore nfs.ganesha CLI support
 -   Something else?

Have we already documented upgrade instructions for those users utilizing nfs.ganesha CLI in 3.8? If not already done so, it would be useful to have them listed somewhere.

Thanks,
Vijay