Re: ZFS with SSD ZIL vs XFS

Hi,

Have you thought about using an SSD as a GlusterFS hot tiers?

Regards,
Bartosz

On 10.10.2017 19:59, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
Probably not.  If there is, it would probably favor XFS.  The developers
at Red Hat use XFS almost exclusively.  We at Facebook have a mix, but
XFS is (I think) the most common.  Whatever the developers use tends to
become "the way local filesystems work" and code is written based on
that profile, so even without intention that tends to get a bit of a
boost.  To the extent that ZFS makes different tradeoffs - e.g. using
lots more memory, very different disk access patterns - it's probably
going to have a bit more of an "impedance mismatch" with the choices
Gluster itself has made.
Ok, so XFS is the way to go :)