Re: glusterd daemon - restart

On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 at 19:27, Mark Connor <markconnor64@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry, I meant RedHat's Gluster Storage Server 3.2 which is latest and greatest.

For RHGS related questions/issues please get in touch with RedHat support. This forum is for the community gluster version.

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Kaushal M <kshlmster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 5:07 PM, Mark Connor <markconnor64@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can the glusterd daemon be restarted on all storage nodes without causing
> any disruption to data being served or the cluster in general? I am running
> gluster 3.2 using distributed replica 2 volumes with fuse clients.

Yes, in general. Any clients already connected will still continue to work.

What can be a problem is new clients, because glusterd may sometimes
not pick up already running bricks. But most of these issues have been
fixed in recent versions of GlusterFS.
So, since you're using GlusterFS-3.2, which is really-really-really
old, you may face this issue.

You should try to run a more recent and supported version of GlusterFS
if possible. 3.2 is not supported and hasn't been updated in over 5
years.