Re: possible kernel panic with glusterd

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 5:15 PM, Joseph Lorenzini <jaloren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I have recently started exploring the DFS solution space and was doing some basic setup and testing with gluster. I set up a pool of three nodes following the quick start guide. That seemed to work fine.

However, shortly after that, I noticed that one of the servers in the pool was becoming non-responsive -- as in the entire VM was completely hung and i had to use the hypervisor to force a reboot. I sshed into the server and started poking around. glusterd was shut off. I started it up ....and the following happened:

Message from syslogd at Jan 25 05:20:47 ...
 kernel:[  288.145027] NMI watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#1 stuck for 22s! [glusterd:2374]

Could you attach the glusterd log file to enable us to look at why glusterd got shutdown?

At which point, the VM became completely unresponsive again.

All servers are the same. They are running centos 7.3, linux kernel 3.10.0-514.2.2.el7.x86_64. The glusterfs-server is 3.8.

Since I just started investigating gluster, it is certainly possible that I misconfigured something on that one node. However, a kernel hang/panic seems like an excessive response :).  If anyone would have any ideas or suggestions about what may be happening here or additional places I should look into to find out what is going on, I am all ears.

Thanks,
Joe

~ Atin (atinm)