possible kernel panic with glusterd

Hi all,

I have recently started exploring the DFS solution space and was doing some basic setup and testing with gluster. I set up a pool of three nodes following the quick start guide. That seemed to work fine.

However, shortly after that, I noticed that one of the servers in the pool was becoming non-responsive -- as in the entire VM was completely hung and i had to use the hypervisor to force a reboot. I sshed into the server and started poking around. glusterd was shut off. I started it up ....and the following happened:

Message from syslogd at Jan 25 05:20:47 ...
 kernel:[  288.145027] NMI watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#1 stuck for 22s! [glusterd:2374]

At which point, the VM became completely unresponsive again.

All servers are the same. They are running centos 7.3, linux kernel 3.10.0-514.2.2.el7.x86_64. The glusterfs-server is 3.8.

Since I just started investigating gluster, it is certainly possible that I misconfigured something on that one node. However, a kernel hang/panic seems like an excessive response :).  If anyone would have any ideas or suggestions about what may be happening here or additional places I should look into to find out what is going on, I am all ears.

Thanks,
Joe