Re: 3.6 branch upgrade plan

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 3:15 AM, Roman <romeo.r@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Anyone please?

hi Roman,
      It is festival time in India so quite a few people are not checking mails :-).
      Good to see that everything is working fine for you with 3.6. but this branch will see an End of life soon(In a month may be). Do you think it is better to move to 3.7.x/3.8.x?

As for the steps:
Steps do look okay to me. If I may suggest, could you do the upgrade next week? Not a lot of people will be available to help (I mean my colleagues) this week, if you face any problem for any unforeseen reason.

Hello, dear community!
It was pretty much time for me not writing here, but it only means, that everything was just fine with our gluster storage for KVM VMs.

We are running 3.6.5 @ debian wheezy servers. As wheezy is a part of history, we would like to upgrade. We're pretty happy with 3.6 branch and we'd like to stay with it. As far as I can see from gluster repo, 3.6.9 supports both jessie and wheezy.

So I've made a little plan and I'd like to ask if it is OK (may be someone already done something like this and could advise me something).

1. stop all KVM VM-s, unmount gluster share from KVM hosts
2. stop glusterd on both   our storages
3. upgrade both storages to jessie via apt-get dist-upgrade
4. update 3.6.5 to 3.6.9
5. start everything.

Should this work or I might facing  some problems?

--
Best regards,
Roman.

--