What application workloads are too slow for you on gluster?

hi,
      I want to get a sense of the kinds of applications you tried out on gluster but you had to find other alternatives because gluster didn't perform well enough or the soultion would become too expensive if you move to all SSD kind of setup.
(If you had guessed, I am trying to find what workloads tiering feature would help in, you would be right :-) )

If you know of well known open source applications with which you saw this problem that would be a plus! i.e. latency sensitive applications.

PS: I do know 'cp -R' of big directory hierarchies needs to be improve in gluster :-), we are working on it already, that feature is called -ve lookup cache. But this post is different.

--
Pranith