Re: Distributed Geo Replication Lag

regards
Aravinda
On Wednesday 07 September 2016 11:24 AM, Georg Schoenberger wrote:
On 2016-09-07 07:45, Aravinda wrote:
Using Checkpoint feature you can confirm that Geo-rep synced till that time.

Set Checkpoint
gluster volume geo-replication <MASTER> <SLAVEHOST>::<SLAVEVOL> config checkpoint now

Touch Mount point (To record setattr in every bricks changelog)
mount -t glusterfs localhost:/<MASTERVOL> /mnt/<MASTERVOL>
touch /mnt/<MASTERVOL>

The volume is already mounted, I assume I can use the existing mount point for the touch command?
Should be fine.

Watch the status of Geo-replication, If the Checkpoint status is "Yes" then Geo-rep synced everything till the checkpoint time. Geo-rep may have synced more that Checkpoint time, but checkpoint completion confirms that it synced all files which are created/modified before checkpoint time.

gluster volume geo-replication <MASTER> <SLAVEHOST>::<SLAVEVOL> status detail

Also watch the log files in Master nodes for any errors.
I am watching /var/log/glusterfs/geo-replication/georeplica logs on the master
Any more logs to consider?
Looks good. Any errors related to sync will be logged in these logs.

THX Georg

regards
Aravinda