Re: Data reconstruction from an EC volume

Hi,

On 27/08/16 11:01, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
il 25 gen 2016 15:29, "Serkan Çoban" <cobanserkan@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:cobanserkan@xxxxxxxxx>> ha scritto:
Hi Pranith,

I want to use the tool in case of disaster.
If somehow we cannot start gluster or some problem happened during
upgrade and
we cannot roll back or continue I don't want to loose my files.
I prefer the tool connects to machines and reconstruct the files to
some other path...
It would be great if you write such a tool.

I'm also waiting for this
having a *standalone* tools that would be able to reconstruct files in
case of disaster would be great.

I've this in my todo list. Not sure when I'll be able to do that though.

BTW, should the tool be able to connect directly to the bricks ? or is it enough if it can reconstruct the file from the fragments manually copied in local ?

Xavi