Re: canceling full heal 3.8

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 9:55 PM, David Gossage <dgossage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 5:35 PM, David Gossage <dgossage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Aug 27, 2016 4:37 PM, "Lindsay Mathieson" <lindsay.mathieson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 28/08/2016 6:07 AM, David Gossage wrote:
>>
>> 7 hours after starting full heal shards still haven't started healing, and count from heal statistics heal-count has only reached 1800 out of 19000 shards.  shards dir hasn't even been recreated yet.  Creation of the non sharded stubs (do they have a more official term?) in the visible mount point was as speedy as expected.  shards are painfully slow.
>

> Is your CPU usage through the roof?

Currently it has almost no activity.  First node yesterday got a bit high.  But 2nd node today that has issues is pretty low.

> If you haven't already, I'd suggest
>
> - changing "cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm" to "full"
>
> - And restarting the gluster volume if possible

I'll shut down vm's later tonight and see if that helps at all.

applied  "cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm" to "full"

stopped volume - started volume

cpu activity barely noticeable. heal count crawling at 1 new addition to list every minute or 2 and stil just building a list it hasnt started making a .shard directory

logging into each linux vm and running from / 'find . | xargs stat ' seeme dto make count ump a bit faster. wasnt quite sure best way to repeatthat for windows vm's so just ran full system virus scans.

Still after 15+ plus hours now its listed 3600/19000 shards in to be healed list and started healing none.