Re: Mount gluster volume inside other mounted volume...

On 08/25/2016 08:11 AM, Gilberto Nunes wrote:
Hello list

I have two volumes, DATA and WORK.

DATA has size 500 GB
WORK has size 1,2 TB

I can mount DATA with this command:

 mount -t glusterfs -o acl localhost:DATA /home

Everything is ok with that.
But, when I mont WORK volume inside /home/work, like this

mount -t glusterfs -o acl localhost:WORK /home/work

I realize that /home and /home/work has the same size:
df -h

localhost:WORK  539G   45M  539G   1% /home/work
localhost:DATA      539G   45M  539G   1% /home
Are the bricks for WORK and DATA both subdirectories in the same partition on at one of your computers?  If the bricks are just subdirectories, rather than dedicated partitions, df will look like that.  I have some "odd" volumes that are subdirectories (for now) and they look like that.  Anything I add to either volume will increase the USED and decrease the AVAILABLE for both volumes.

What df shows is the figures for the partition that these are part of, not for the particular subdirectory that you turned into a brick.

If that isn't your setup, someone else will have to help you.

Ted Miller
Elkhart, IN, USA

Is there a way to workaround this??

Perhaps this is no a issue related to glusterfs, but I need just so advice where found a possible solution....

Thanks anyway

Best regards
Gilberto Ferreira