Re: Shard file size (gluster 3.7.5)

Sure. So far I've just been able to figure that GlusterFS counts blocks in multiples of 512B while XFS seems to count them in multiples of 4.0KB.
Let me again try creating sparse files on xfs, sharded and non-sharded gluster volumes and compare the results. I'll let you know what I find.

-Krutika

From: "Lindsay Mathieson" <lindsay.mathieson@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Krutika Dhananjay" <kdhananj@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "gluster-users" <gluster-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 5, 2015 7:16:06 PM
Subject: Re: Shard file size (gluster 3.7.5)

On 5 November 2015 at 21:19, Krutika Dhananjay <kdhananj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just to be sure, did you rerun the test on the already broken file (test.bin) which was written to when strict-write-ordering had been off?
Or did you try the new test with strict-write-ordering on a brand new file?

Very strange. I tried it on new files and even went to the extent of deleting the datastore and bricks, then recreating.

One oddity on my system - I have two prefs that I cannot reset
- cluster.server-quorum-ratio
- performance.readdir-ahead

Though I would'nt have thought they made a difference. I might try cleaning gluster and all its config files off the systems and *really* starting from scratch.

--
Lindsay