Re: gluster small file performance

I changed the logging to "error" to get rid of these messages as I was wondering if this was part of the problem.  It didn't change the performance.
Also, I get these same errors both before and after the reboot.  I only see the slowdown after the reboot.
I have SELinux disabled.  Not sure about ACL.  Don't think I can turn ACL off on XFS.
I am happy to post results of strace.  Do I just do 'strace tar -xPf boost.tar >& strace.log'?

That will show the calls if they're coming from tar, but I suspect they're internally generated so you'd have to attach strace to the glusterfsd process.  Either way, you'd probably want to add "-e removexattr" to keep the results manageable.  That will at least tell us *which* xattr we're trying to remove, which might give a clue to what's going on.