Re: how to reboot all bricks safely and seamlessly

On 08/11/2015 10:06 PM, Kingsley wrote:
Hi,

If you need to reboot all bricks in a volume, what's the best way to do
this seamlessly?

I did this a few days ago by rebooting one, then waiting for "gluster
volume info" on another brick to show it back online before doing the
next, and so on. However, it went a bit wrong and I ended up with a
corruption. It fixed itself after a while, but because the system then
had a backlog of stuff to catch up with, it didn't fix itself for about
a day.

I wonder that I didn't leave enough time for the freshly rebooted brick
to apply all of the updates to itself that happened while it was
rebooting. So, what's the best way to find out whether a brick has fully
synced itself with the other bricks, before rebooting the next one?

'gluster volume heal <volname> info` must show zero entries. If it doesn't, you can manually launch self heal by 'gluster volume heal <volname>`

-Ravi

I need to avoid having to shut the volume down as it would cause a
service outage.

Cheers,
Kingsley.