Re: [Gluster-devel] Gluster Benchmark Kit

On 28 April 2015 at 01:03, Benjamin Turner <bennyturns@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Kiran, thanks for the feedback!  I already put up a repo on githib:

On my TODO list is:

-The benchmark is currently RHEL / RHGS(Red Hat Gluster Storage) specific, I want to make things work with at least non paid RPM distros and Ubuntu.
-Other filesystems(like you mentioned)
-No LVM and non thinp config options.
-EC, tiering, snapshot capabilities.

I'll probably fork things and have a Red Hat specific version and an upstream version.  As soon as I have everything working on Centos I'll let the list know and we can enhance things to do whatever we need.  I always thought it would be interesting if we had a page where people could submit their benchmark data and the HW / config used.  Having a standard tool / tool set will help there.

Ben,

Do you think it is a good Idea (or is it possible) to integrate these with distaf? (https://github.com/gluster/distaf)

That would enable us to choose workloads suitable to each scenario for single (set of) tests.

Best Regards,
Vishwanath

-b