Re: adding a node

Title: Signature electronique
Hi,

OK, I was confused because in your original email you mentioned "a
multiple of the striped so 4 other node".

So yes your stripe count is 2, so you have to add bricks 2 by 2, as the
error message says. If you didn't, then it would mean that you would
distribute your data over two 2-brick stripes, and one 1-brick single
volume, which I am reasonably sure wouldn't work.

If you want to be able to add bricks one by one, you would need a
regular distributed volume, without:
- striping (requires adding as many drives as stripe count)
- replication (requires adding as many drives as stripe replication count)
- dispersion (requires adding as many drives as whatever your dispersion
disk count is)

The only two things that you can extend is the number of brick groups in
a distributed volume, with a similar brick group, or the number of
replicas (but I'm sure that there are corner cases where you can't do
it, I haven't tried them yet).

Is that clearer now?
Yes.
So I have to find another node, or maybe is it possible to create a second brick on the new node ?

Many Thank's.

--
INRA

Pierre Léonard