Remove geo-replica

As a result of some server changes I wish to remove a geo-replica from our Gluster volume, in readiness for creating a new geo-replica on a different server. We have 2 Gluster servers, name Jupiter and Rigel. Jupiter is CentOS 6.6 and Rigel is CentOS 7. Both are running Gluster v3.5.3.

This doesn't appear to be documented, at least not anywhere I've searched, so I fell back on Google. The results show 2 variations of a command:

1 - gluster volume geo-replication gluster-volume slave_server:/backup_volume delete 2 - gluster volume geo-replication gluster-volume gluster://slave_server:/backup_volume delete

I tried both variation on each of our servers. Not only did they fail, they failed with totally different error messages.

On Jupiter I received "unrecognized word: geo-replication (position 1)".
On Rigel I received "Staging failed on localhost. Please check the log file for more details."

I should mention that Rigel was not part of the cluster when the geo-replication was originally set up.

So the question is; what is the proper command to use to remove a geo-replica?

regards,
John