Re: Peers not connecting after changing IP address

Hi all,

You can take this post as a warning to wear your glasses and double-check routing.

I had a few ip rule/ip route entries to direct traffic in and out of specific interfaces. The "office" range was under 172.18.x and the new datacenter was under 192.168.x. I'd not spotted that I'd changed the last two octets on my ip rule/route settings only on the "datacenter" range, so the "office" one had the first two octets from its original range and the last two from the DC range.

I have had this problem before, and I wonder if it's just my own brain or does anyone get confused between eg.:

172.16.24.110
192.168.24.10

It's like my visual system can't parse the difference, especially when there are a few of them in a list together!

Apologies for wasting time and thanks to JF.

Cheers

Alex