Re: drop in write performance

On 02/02/2015 02:42 PM, Ason Hu wrote:
Hi,

In my small file test, 3 types of volume are created in same GlusterFS Cluster (4 nodes)
  • Distritubed
  • Distributed Replicated
  • Distributed Striped

10 million small files (8 byte) create and search each test cycle life

Nodes info :
  • OS : CentOS 6.6 64bit
  • RAM : 64GB
  • HDD : 4TB, 7200RPM, SAS *6 RAID 0
  • FileSystem : XFS, BS=4K

Problem :

It occur when file reach 200 million (sum of 3 volumes)
files created speed drop from  1500 to  100
If you do this test directly on the XFS partition, what is the kind of performance difference you see?

Pranith

Though the speed of creation become slow but search speed and throughput still good
Seems each types of volume have same problem, I don't know what cause this problem..

Workaround :

I try to create new volume ( Distributed | Distributed Replicated | Distributed Striped ), mount it,
problem solved!
But the old volume write speed still sad..

I'd  try to increase below volume setting, but don't work at all
  • performance.cache-size
  • performance.io-thread-count

I didn't enable the volume qouta option.
Does glusterfs volume have some kind of limitation of file creation?

Regards
Nosa Hu,