drop in write performance

Hi,

In my small file test, 3 types of volume are created in same GlusterFS Cluster (4 nodes)
  • Distritubed
  • Distributed Replicated
  • Distributed Striped

10 million small files (8 byte) create and search each test cycle life

Nodes info :
  • OS : CentOS 6.6 64bit
  • RAM : 64GB
  • HDD : 4TB, 7200RPM, SAS *6 RAID 0
  • FileSystem : XFS, BS=4K

Problem :

It occur when file reach 200 million (sum of 3 volumes)
files created speed drop from  1500 to  100

Though the speed of creation become slow but search speed and throughput still good
Seems each types of volume have same problem, I don't know what cause this problem..

Workaround :

I try to create new volume ( Distributed | Distributed Replicated | Distributed Striped ), mount it,
problem solved!
But the old volume write speed still sad..

I'd  try to increase below volume setting, but don't work at all
  • performance.cache-size
  • performance.io-thread-count

I didn't enable the volume qouta option.
Does glusterfs volume have some kind of limitation of file creation?

Regards
Nosa Hu,