Re: glusterfs and glusterfsd process utilization

From: "Kyle Harris" <kyle.harris98@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Krutika Dhananjay" <kdhananj@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: gluster-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 9:11:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Gluster-users] glusterfs and glusterfsd process utilization

Thanks Krutika for taking time to troubleshoot this for me.  Would this be considered a bug that needs to be fixed?  It seems as though the heal process should not be able to use all the available resources of a system.  Might I suggest some type of option that limits the number of heals that could take place at a single time?  Perhaps some type of rate limit for healing?

That's right. We are in fact planning to introduce such a throttling ability to keep self-heal from affecting functioning of normal clients in this manner.
-Krutika

Interestingly enough I attempted to rate limit the gluster processes by using cgroups and although it worked, it kept the processes from working properly.

Thanks again.

Kyle