Way to reset inode generation number?

I've posted a couple of messages recently about a problem I'm having where
some files in my cluster are not showing up under unify, despite existing
properly on the individual storage bricks.

I've been trying to go through the source code and understand what's
happening, and the only thing I've got at the moment is that somehow some of
the metadata associated with the files isn't right. My understanding is
limited but the only way I can see the problem I'm having happening is if
the inode generation count on my files is somehow invalidly set.

Is there some way I can manually reset it on the files on my bricks?