Re: [Gluster-Maintainers] Release 4.1: LTM release targeted for end of May

On 03/22/2018 11:34 PM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
On 03/21/2018 04:12 AM, Amar Tumballi wrote:
     Current 4.1 project release lane is empty! I cleaned it up, because I
     want to hear from all as to what content to add, than add things marked
     with the 4.1 milestone by default.

I would like to see we have sane default values for most of the options,
or have group options for many use-cases.
Amar, do we have an issue that lists the use-cases and hence the default
groups to be provided for the same?

Also want to propose that,  we include a release
of http://github.com/gluster/gluster-health-report with 4.1, and make
the project more usable.
In the theme of including sub-projects that we want to highlight, what
else should we tag a release for or highlight with 4.1?

@Aravinda, how do you envision releasing this with 4.1? IOW, what
interop tests and hence sanity can be ensured with 4.1 and how can we
tag a release that is sane against 4.1?

Some more changes required to make it work with Gluster 4.x, I will work on fixing those issues and test scripts.

I have not yet started with Packaging for Fedora/Ubuntu. As of now available as `pip install`. Let me know if that is fine with 4.1 release.

Also, we see that some of the patches from FB branch on namespace and
throttling are in, so we would like to call that feature out as
experimental by then.
I would assume we track this against
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/408 would that be right?

regards