Postmortem of emails from gerrit-stage.rht.gluster.org

Hello folks,

Some of you may have gotten a large number of emails that your Gerrit filters did not catch. This is because we added a config to Gerrit Stage yesterday to start closing old reviews. This is a conversation we've had for a while and it needed testing. In anticipation of a large number of emails, I had shutdown the postfix server. However, I forgot that our automation would turn postfix back on. This means some of you may have gotten spammed today. You can trash all those emails.

We've intentionally broken main.cf so that Ansible does not restart postfix again. So there should be no more spam for now.

This has also taught us that doing this in production is not advisable. The staging server is currently rate-limited by major email providers due to the number of emails we sent out. We can separately discuss how to close old reviews.

Apologies again for the spam.

Thanks,
Nigel and Michael
Gluster Infra Team