Re: [Gluster-Maintainers] Release 3.12: Status of features (Require responses!)

On 07/23/2017 01:01 PM, Amar Tumballi wrote:

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 1:36 AM, Shyam <srangana@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:srangana@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    - posix: provide option to handle 'statfs()' properly when more than
    1 brick is exported from 1 node
       - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/241
    <https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/241>
       - @amarts patch is still awaiting reviews, should this be tracked
    as an exception?

Please consider it as an required bug fix. (This needn't have a release note mention in features, but needs a mention in bugs section).

Ok, done. Should we close the github issue and open a bug report instead?

Also if I get the feature completed /reviewed this week in master, can we get in fuse subdir mount [11] patches backported? This will be by default not available, and hence shouldn't be an issue IMO. More on it is discussed in mailing-list [12]

Ok, added to the 3.12 scope, against exceptions for backports.

    - Provide support for clearing translator specific inode contex /
    forgetting inode (for supportability)
       - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/249
    <https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/249>

Push out to 4.0

Already done.

    - rpc-clnt reconnect timer
       - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/152
    <https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/152>

Can be pushed to 4.0

Already done.

    - bug: read-only xlator doesn't implement fallocate
       - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/187
    <https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/187>

Can we treat it as bug and take in a backport sometime before RC1?

Ok done. We possibly need to settle on bug vs issue on this as well (as the one above).

    Thanking in advance for all the responses, so help cleanup and chase
    the right reviews and features for the release.

    Shyam & Jiffin

Thanks for all the great work in summarising the tasks.

[11] - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/175
[12] - http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-July/053359.html

    [1] Review focus:
    https://review.gluster.org/#/q/starredby:srangana%2540redhat.com