Re: [Gluster-Maintainers] Release 3.12: Status of features (Require responses!)

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 1:36 AM, Shyam <srangana@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

- posix: provide option to handle 'statfs()' properly when more than 1 brick is exported from 1 node
  - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/241
  - @amarts patch is still awaiting reviews, should this be tracked as an exception?

Please consider it as an required bug fix. (This needn't have a release note mention in features, but needs a mention in bugs section).

Also if I get the feature completed /reviewed this week in master, can we get in fuse subdir mount  [11] patches backported? This will be by default not available, and hence shouldn't be an issue IMO. More on it is discussed in mailing-list [12]

- Provide support for clearing translator specific inode contex / forgetting inode (for supportability)
  - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/249

Push out to 4.0

- rpc-clnt reconnect timer
  - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/152

Can be pushed to 4.0

- bug: read-only xlator doesn't implement fallocate
  - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/187

Can we treat it as bug and take in a backport sometime before RC1?

Thanking in advance for all the responses, so help cleanup and chase the right reviews and features for the release.

Shyam & Jiffin

[1] Review focus: https://review.gluster.org/#/q/starredby:srangana%2540redhat.com

--
Amar Tumballi (amarts)