Re: Regression logging on release-3.8-fb branch

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017, at 02:00 PM, Jeff Darcy wrote:
On Mon, Jul 17, 2017, at 09:28 AM, Nigel Babu wrote:
It appears that something changed in https://review.gluster.org/#/c/17771. The tarball with the logs for that patch was 32G. That doesn't sound right. Is something writing to log excessively after this patch landed?

I don't see anything in the patch itself, or in its immediate predecessors, that would account for this.  However, it could be a less direct kind of effect.  I'll take a look.

Are you sure that's the right patch?  I looked at the smoke log, which seems quite ordinary, and the regression log is pretty tiny because tests on release-3.8-fb don't actually do much.  On the other hand, I don't see any other patches on my list that seem to be likely culprits either.

When this job crashes, it does say that it ran out of space. This seems to be because some 40+ tests crashed with a core. I just realized that I aborted the previous job for a Jenkins upgrade that morning. I went and looked into that job which also seems to fail with 40+ failures that throw a core. So it could very well be https://review.gluster.org/#/c/17762/ at fault. If you'd like I can retrigger a regression at that point (you should be able to as well, in any case).

--
nigelb