Re: Priority based ping packet for 3.10

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Raghavendra G <raghavendra@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Summing up various discussions I had on this,

1. Current ping frame work should measure just the responsiveness of network and rpc layer. This means poller threads shouldn't be winding the individual fops at all (as it might add delay in reading the ping requests). Instead, they can queue the requests to a common work queue and other threads should pick up the requests.

Patch can be found at:
https://review.gluster.org/17105

4. We've fixed some lock contention issues on the brick stack due to high latency on backend fs. However, this is on-going work as contentions can be found in various codepaths (mem-pool etc).

These patches were contributed by "Krutika Dhananjay" <kdhananj.at.redhat.com>.
https://review.gluster.org/16869
https://review.gluster.org/16785
https://review.gluster.org/16462

Thanks Krutika for all those patches :).

regards,
Raghavendra