Re: [Gluster-Maintainers] Random voting in Gerrit - Check votes before merging

On 06/09/2016 05:11 AM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:

On 06/09/2016 02:38 PM, Kaushal M wrote:
On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Kaushal M <kshlmster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A heads up to all maintainers and developers.

As all of you probably already know, reviews in Gerrit are getting
random votes for jobs that ran for other patchsets.

We've had people noticing these votes only when they've been negative.
But these votes can be positive as well (I've got an example in the
forwarded mail below).

Maintainers need to be make sure that any positive vote given to a
review is correct and for a job that ran for the particular review,
before merging it.

To make sure that changes that have been given such a bogus vote don't
get merged, any developer finding such a vote, can give a Verified-1
to the review to block it from merging. I've changed the Verified flag
so that a Verified-1 blocks a review from being merged. I'll remove
this change after we figure out what's happening.

I'll be posting updates to the infra-list to the mail-thread I've
forwarded below.

This (and the random build failures) should be fixed now.

There should no longer be any random votes/comments. Anyone who's had
incorrect votes, please re-trigger the jobs.

That's a great news Kaushal. Many thanks for taking it to the root cause
and fixing it.

+1. Appreciate your help here, Kaushal!

Thanks,
Vijay