Re: Something wrong with release-3.6 branch

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 5:48 AM, Justin Clift <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Vijay,

There's "something" wrong with the release-3.6 branch. ;)

Several of the Rackspace regression VM's have been somehow
killed over the last few hours, and needing to be rebuilt.

Not sure exactly what's being done to them, as they stop
responding to ssh, and the best I can do is get them into
rescue mode... where nothing is obviously showing up as
being wrong. (but they're still useless when booted
normally)

Anyway, I'm suspecting there's something in the release-3.6
branch that's causing it.

We were affected by a bug in gerrit [1] which caused inconsistencies in the release-3.6 branch of the git repository backing our gerrit instance. I have attempted resolving the inconsistencies and I believe we are in a sane state as far as release-3.6 is concerned.

I will resume merging patches on release-3.6 from tomorrow if we don't notice any further anomalies.

Thanks,
Vijay

[1] http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2094