Re: how does meta xlator work?

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 10:36 PM, Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anand Avati <avati@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If FUSE implements proper direct_io semantics (somewhat like how O_DIRECT
> flag is handled) and allows the mode to be enabled by the FS in open_cbk,
> then I guess such a special handling of 0-byte need not be necessary?

Yes, this is how it should be done.

While there I see there is a FUSE_FOPEN_KEEP_CACHE  and
FUSE_FOPEN_NONSEEKABLE. I assume the later means seek should return an
error (which one?), but what does the first one do?

There is no real documentation about this aside from Linux kernel
sources...

In Linux FUSE, an open() call automatically invalidates all pages of that inode. However if FOPEN_KEEP_CACHE is set in open_cbk, the page cache is kept intact (assuming mtime has not changed etc.)

See https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/fs/fuse/file.c#n207

Thanks