Adjustments on dynamics

Hi folks -

This is just to let it in written here that last Monday me, Ayreom, Jehan
and Americo
had a meeting concerning the current behavior of dynamics (both up to 2.10
and on 2.99) -
and asserted some incorrect behaviors -

These included but are not limited to the "spacings"
dynamic output, which is mostly not usefull at all since the dynamics curve
has its lower value corresponding to the current "spacing" setting on the
tool options. A most useful functionality would be to be able, for example,
to have the minimum corresponding to spacing "1%" and maximum corresponding
to the tool options setting.  In that way it would be possible to set the
curve so that spacing would vary from 3% to 15% - which can enforce some
visuals on brushes intending to imitate natural painting. Americo is the
authority on this - but I fully agree, and it should be easily verifiable,
that the current behavior yields no visually intesting results.

Another broken dynamics is the "aspect ratio X direction": it just yields
maximum aspect ratio (20:1 or 1:20) disregarding any intermediate values -

I had to leave the meeting early, and I think the three of them had
asserted more behaviors that are currently of no use but as a toy.

Before I left, though, one of Jehan's sugestions was that we should find a
way to implement a version number to the dynamics files, so that as these
things get fixed, GIMP can auto-convert old, bad behaviors to a new, fixed
scale (if possible at all, after the fix is in effect)..

I think most of the issues discussed have proper issues open on gitlab -
but I proposed sending this in written form to get more engagement to these
(and certainly other)  relatively small fixes that are in need.

Best regards,

   joao