Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP-2.10 and GIMP2.99 are still sRGB-only image editors

On 2/4/21 7:14 PM, Michael Schumacher via gimp-user-list wrote:

On February 5, 2021 12:59:50 AM GMT+01:00, Elle Stone <ellestone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was able to write code that fixed some of the bugs I reported for
GIMP-2.99 color management. But once I reached the point where further
coding requirements exceeded my coding ability, progress simply
stopped,
with everyone else saying "some day" proper color management for GIMP
would be a priority. I began to feel like the best way to make sure a
bug would never get fixed, was to have the dreaded "Concepts: Color
Science" tag attached to it.

You make it sound like introducing this tag was a wrong decision. As I introduced it as a way to group thhese issues together, did I do something wrong there?

Of course you didn't do anything wrong. It's an excellent tag to let people know what the topic is.

It's been stated over and over again by a particular GIMP dev that GIMP development works best if people do what they are interested in doing. The question is which current GIMP devs other than myself have an *interest* in dealing bugs tagged with "Concept: Color Science"?

It would be great if you could find the time to go through the links I provided in my post and add the tag as appropriate to any relevant bug reports that don't yet have the tag. Someday when GIMP has found another developer with an interest in color management and color science, that person will find the "Concepts: Color Science" tag very useful.

Best,
Elle