Re: deriving transform by comparing image before/after edit

Hi Bill,

I don't know of plugins that would calculate a matrix in GIMP. There's
a plugin called GetCurves by Elsamuko [1] that calculates a rough
approximation of a color transform between two layers and creates an
RGB curves preset.

Due to its nature, the plugin has obvious issues treating different
hue ranges differently [2] but maybe it's a motivation for someone to
come up with a better tool. Although I'd be damned if I knew how you
would then apply a generated 3x3 matrix to a different image :)

I recently looked at free/libre options to create 3D LUT files, and
the existing options like Harlequin [3] are not very encouraging yet.

[1] https://github.com/elsamuko/gimp-elsamuko/tree/master/plugins/elsamuko-get-curves
[2] https://twitter.com/lgworld/status/1338597821881192448
[3] https://github.com/dunkyp/harlequin/

Alex